Thursday, May 19, 2011

Re-upholstered Chairs

After updating our living room, we realized that our white couches just didn't fit the look we were going for.  After countless hours looking at furniture and not being able to find exactly what I wanted, I decided to take an upholstery class so I could create exactly what was in my head. I admit that the vision changed a few times, but in the end, I got the look I was going for:  French parlour with a twist of modernism.  I am very happy with the way they turned out.  Thanks to my friend Kathy who helped me with sewing the cushions!

BEFORE
Cute, but it wasn't quite what I was going for and it didn't match the decor.

AFTER
Now, this is more ME!

What a labor of love!  I've had several people ask me if it was worth it with time and materials.  I say absolutely!  I love the chairs so much more because I created them and I can say they are 100% unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment