Tuesday, August 24, 2010

27

This day started out like any other.  I woke up, worked out, showered, and then tried to do a nice hairdo so that I didn't look like a scrub but at the same time, I wasn't willing to put the time in.  Dang my laziness!  So I tried to do an elegant bun that looked retarded, which I ended up fiddling with for 20 minutes anyway.  Go figure.  Relaxed bun, I will master you!!

I ended up working on my birthday which a lot of people questioned.  Well, let's see....my birthday falls on a Tuesday....What else am I going to do during the day??  Some of my co-workers took me out to Vietnamese food for lunch, which was excellent I might add.  And it was nice to have my phone burning up with birthday wishes.

Aaron took me to one of my all-time favorite restaurants for dinner:  BJ's Brewery.  Aaron told our waitress that it was my birthday but thankfully, they didn't sing or make an embarrassing charade.  They did bring me out my own personal Pazookie with a candle though.  Something about a candle makes it feel like a birthday.  My gift from Aaron was true love as only true love can manifest:  a portable photo scanner.  Sounds dorky but it's exactly what I wanted.  I am truly turning into a memory keeping fanatic.  Picture a little device about 2x2x11 that you plug into the wall and you can scan pictures/documents up to 8 1/2 x 11 either onto your computer or onto a SIM card.  It's awesome!  I love technology!

This birthday was different than others for me.  I actually FEEL older.  Not healthwise because I'm in better shape than I have been in a long time, but something else.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Let's just say I've been noticing that high school and college kids are looking younger and younger and it's like I realized, "Hey, I'm an adult".  I'm not talking about your early 20's when you're a young adult, but a real adult where high school and college kids view you as older or just plain old.  Is this what getting older feels like?  And by jingo, I'm starting to notice wrinkles!  I just hope I never lose touch and become some crusty old lady.   Ha ha.  It reminds me of a job I had one summer working with old people.  One of my co-workers said, "You wake up one day and you're ugly!" (I think that's a little extreme but it still makes me laugh) I do think that the stress in my life for the last year has taken it's toll.  I feel a little haggered, LOL.  (Can I type LOL on a blog??)  All that being said,  I still have a lot of ambitions and dreams that will one day be accomplished and I do love my life and where I'm headed.  I work hard but play hard too.  So I'll toast to another year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! I wrote on your facebook, but thought I would also send you a shout out on your awesome new blog! Love it. Can't wait to stay in touch. Oh and btw I didn't get highlights. I think that's just the sun in my picture. We blew that picture up and now have it over our fireplace with our bamboo. It looks cool. Can't wait to see you in a week or so. Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope a man loves me enough someday to get me a portable potato scanner...i mean photo

    ReplyDelete