Sunday, August 22, 2010

Disneyland again!!

As many of you know, Aaron and I go to Disneyland quite a bit.  Aaron surprised me last weekend by taking me there.  There were a few different things about this trip.  We watched Captain EO for the first time since I was like 5 years old.  Let me just tell you....it was so 80's!  I loved it!  As I was watching Michael Jackson, I kept seeing Janet's face.  Aaron said he still hasn't established that they were two different people.


We brought the Camelbaks.  Aaron and I both now have our own hydration systems.  Sounds dorky but in August, in the sun, it's a necessity.  Plus the water stays really cold so you're not drinking nasty lukewarm water.  So I have the mini size of Aaron's Camelbak.  I love it!



We had the opportunity to watch the new "World of Color" show at California Adventure.  The actual show was kind of cool but what an ordeal it was to get in there.  You have to get a fast pass in the morning for the show.  Your ticket then says to return within a certain window of time about 30 minutes before the show.  You return to the place where you got the fastpass ticket and they literally hold you in an area like cattle until whenever.  We happened to be under the bridge of the Grizzly RiverRaft ride and it leaked.  So imagine it being cold; you're tired, and you've got water dripping on you.  Did I mention you're standing?  Then they funnel you into all these roped off areas where you wait for the show.  Did I mention you're standing for the show????  Then the show is like 30 minutes or longer (we left early) where you're roped off and trapped between all these people.  (You can imagine Aaron's panic)  The show to me was a glorified Bellagio show from Vegas except that there were Disney characters but there really wasn't a story like Fantasmic.  I was trying to see how it all connected.  We were at the 11:15 p.m. show and our feet were dying.  By that time, you don't care what's happening.  I still like Fantasmic better but if you go see it, you decide.....

No comments:

Post a Comment