Thursday, June 7, 2012

Race for the Cure

Whew!  Time to play catch up!  In May, a bunch of us from work (who are my dearest friends) participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Breast Cancer Walk.  This was my first year doing it and I want to do it every year from now on!  It was amazing!  We went with our friend Melissa, who is going through Chemo right now and it was such a neat experience to walk with a Survivor.  Women all along our walk were telling her how beautiful she was and sharing their individual stories of survival.  It was a once in a lifetime experience and I'm thankful I got to be a part of it.

                                                Carin, Sheila, Tammy, Melissa, Dionne, Me

                                                                      Sheila, Melissa, Me

This was an awesome picture (which I improved in Photoshop) that I told Melissa is going to be her "I beat Cancer" photo.  I love it!  I have seen her change for the good fighting Breast Cancer.  She has become such a positive person.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment